This page contains material that is still work-in-progress or in the peer-review process of social science journals.
You can access some of my papers in full-text via the Social Science Research Network (marked by **)
Working Papers (somewhere between good set of ideas to submitted material)
- What is Fair? Fairness Perceptions of Public Kindergarten Fees in a Rich German Border Town, with Marius R. Busemeyer (University of Konstanz), available as a working paper 2017/12 of the DFG Graduate School of Decision Sciences Konstanz, R & R Journal of Public Policy
- **Blind Retrospection, Football and the Bundestag Election 2013 (in German, with Florian Rabuza, University of Duisburg-Essen, and Robin Arens, University of Konstanz/Essex University), R&R, Politsche Vierteljahresschrift.
- **Health and Political Activity (with Hayfat Hamidou, University of Duisburg-Essen)
Working Papers in Preparation (once they are fit for sharing, they go on the SSRN)
- **Gender and welfare state attitudes: Studying Danish siblings (with Mads Meier Jaeger, University of Copenhagen)
- **Who is Allowed Not to Vote? Deservingness, Moral Karma and the Social Construction of the Voting Norm (with Florian Rabuza)
- Conflictive Demands on the Welfare State in Changing Times: Group-based Differences in Attitudes in Advanced Industrial Democracies between 1985-2016, (with Jonas Elis)
- **Overcoming Theoretical Divisions in Risk Analysis: Expanding the Idea of Integration in the Social Amplification of Risk Framework (with Ruben Langer, Anne-Kathrin Fischer, Björn Fischbach, University of Duisburg-Essen)
- Handbuch Methoden der Politikwissenschaft (edited volume with Claudius Wagemann and Markus Siewert, Goethe University Framkfurt, under contract with Springer VS)
- Communicating under Pressure: Communication, Public Opinion and the Welfare State in Europe (Book project with Staffan Kumlin, University of Oslo / Institute for Social Research Oslo)
- Germany’s New Voters: Migrant Voters at the 2017 Bundestag Elections (book project in German with Sabrina J. Mayer and Dennis Spies)
- Solidarity and Conflict: Intergenerational relationships and welfare state attitudes in Germany from a comparative perspective (book project)